Erwin Maternity Care Home - Adoption and Adoption Center
Letter from a birthmother to Cori and Dustin (Maternity Care Home houseparents)…
“I don’t even know where to begin and I don’t know if I can find the words to tell you how I really feel. When I first made the decision to come to Tupelo, I was really nervous. This was my first time ever being away from home for more than a week. Meeting you eased my nerves because you were so nice. You made me feel welcome and part of the “family.” As the days went on and I got to know you even better, I knew I had found two people who accepted me for who I was and didn’t judge me for my mistakes. You helped me realize that God is forgiving and it doesn’t matter what others think. I appreciate you so much. When I left, I was glad to be going home and sad to be leaving. Thank you for dedicating your lives to helping others like me. You were my “home away from home” and I love you.” Kami
I don’t have anywhere to live while I am pregnant. What are my options?
The Erwin Maternity Care Home is offered to birthmothers considering an adoption plan for their unplanned pregnancy. This program is offered at no charge to birthmothers! We provide:
- A peaceful, nurturing haven away from everyday pressures
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Spacious living area
- Christian counseling
- Swimming pool
- Care and compassion
- Transportation to church, doctors appointments and recreational activities
- Internet and other media outlets
- Reading library
- Educational opportunities
- Exceptional medical care at a private clinic
- Safe, secure and supervised environment
- Full-time on-site houseparents available to meet your needs and offer support
- Friendship opportunities with other birthmoms
Do I have to live at the Maternity Care Home to work with New Beginnings?
No, we will work with you and provide as much assistance as possible regardless of where you live. Assistance is available in each case, based on the individual needs of each birthmother..