Domestic Adoption Program
Please call our office to find out about our current waiting list needs! 662-842-6752
Children are a sacred trust from the Lord and every birthmother, baby and adoptive family receives services from New Beginnings with that foundational value in mind.
Adopting domestically in America has, in many ways, become even more complex. There are licensed and non licensed agencies and the difference between the two is very different and vital for you to understand. New Beginnings is a licensed non-profit adoption agency, and like others with this accreditation, we are held accountable to provide the best services at the fairest cost while providing compassionate services to birthmothers. Licensed agencies are also required to abide by a strict code of standards and policies. Non licensed agencies, facilitators and other non-adoption professionals either lack the experience to properly provide a wide array of services to the birthmothers and adoptive families or they are involved in adoption as a for-profit venture.
If you are a birthmother or adoptive family and have questions about any aspect of the domestic adoption journey, begin with confidence today by speaking to one of our trained, professional and caring team members. You can begin your adoption journey today.
New Beginnings requires that Domestic applicants meet the following criteria:
- Both parents must be at least 21 years of age. The average age of both parents should be 45 or below. If the child being considered is not an infant, it is preferable for there to be at least 18 years’ difference between the parents and child.
- Couples must be married for a minimum of two years.
- Be in good physical health and free from communicable disease.
- Refrain from the use of tobacco products is absolutely prohibited.
- Families must have adequate income for the addition of an adopted child.
- Have a home large enough to accommodate an additional child with generally no more than two children in each bedroom.
- Provide a childcare plan if both parents work outside the home.
- Only open to Christian families, and willing to comply with New Beginnings “Statement of Faith.”
- Complete New Beginnings Application. We are currently accepting applications exclusively for families open to adopting a child of any race and ethnicity. Application Fee is $2,500. If for any reason an adoptive family is matched through a different source or wishes to be removed from New Beginnings list, $500 will be refunded.
- Character reference forms sent to the persons listed on your application. Application will be submitted to the approval committee.
- Sign the Domestic Contract and Fee Schedule. Applicants will be placed on the waiting list.
- Create and submit a family profile book.
- Place your profile on our website (optional).
- Complete home study process with New Beginnings (if you live in MS).
- Accept a referral.
- Placement/Court Date
- Adoption Finalization
We strive to keep our fees as low and reasonable as possible. We invite you to compare these fees and our process with other legitimate, licensed child-placing agencies. Prior to a child being placed with you for adoption, the only funds you will pay are the Domestic Adoption Application processing fee ($2,500) and your home study fee. Our fees are ALL INCLUSIVE and include processing the Domestic Adoption Application, maternity care center program fee and the home study fee.