Children Are Currently Available for Adoption.
About The Taiwan Partnership Adoptions Program
New Beginnings Taiwan Partnership Adoptions Program offers an incredible partnership with Gladney Center for Adoptions, who acts as the Primary Provider. We advocate for children who are waiting through Gladney’s partnerships with two government-licensed child welfare foundations in Taiwan.
This program is primarily open to families interested in adopting children that are approximately 3-5 years old. There are many children ages 6 and older at the time of referral. Healthy and special needs children are available, both male and female. Siblings groups are also available.
- Must live in the state Mississippi. If you live outside of MS, you will need to apply directly through our partner agency, Gladney Center for Adoption.
- Must be between 25-50 years old.
- Must be at least 20 years older than the child to be adopted.
- Married heterosexual couples; Must be married a minimum of 2 years (in some cases must be married a minimum of 5 years, or prove committed relationship for 5 years).
- Only 1 divorce per adoptive parent.
- Single men and single women are not permitted to adopt.
- Must be healthy or have only minor health concerns.
- The use of tobacco products is absolutely prohibited
Minimum of high school education or GED/vocational equivalent
Combined annual income must be at least $80,000. Net Worth must be at least $80,000
- No alcohol abuse within the past ten years; no history of drug abuse.
- No history of child abuse, sexual abuse, or domestic violence.
- No criminal violations within the past ten years
Children at Home:
There must be no more 3 children already in the home.
At least one applicant must be a US citizen.
Only open to Christian families, and willing to comply with New Beginnings “Statement of Faith.”
- Complete the Family Initial Information Request Form
- Complete the Gladney Application
- Adoption Home Study
- Immigration Approval, filing of the I-600A
- Preliminary Packet or Pre-Approval sent to Taiwan
- Child Referral Received
- Dossier Submitted
- Court Process
- Adoption Travel
Length of Process / Travel Process
For families matched with a child or sibling group from our waiting child list, the process takes approximately 1½ to 2 years from home study to travel.
A family’s typical adoption journey to Taiwan will be approximately 7 days in length. Families adopting older children may stay in the country a few extra days for bonding and attachment. It is required by the courts and foundations that both parents travel to pick up their child. Some families may also be required to make an extra trip to attend a court hearing.
The estimated costs for this program are $27,155 to 28,155 (plus travel expenses). There are additional fees associated with the adoption of a sibling group.
Adoption of Sibling Groups
New Beginnings and Taiwan charge additional fees for sibling groups.
Getting StartedIf you are interested and would like to know more about the Taiwan program, please email Victoria Kilpatrick at Victoria@NewBeginningsAdoptions.org.
The following information is available upon request [H96.39b].
The number of its adoption placements per year for the prior three calendar years, and the number and percentage of those placements that remain intact, are disrupted, or have been dissolved as of the time the information is provided; the number of parents who apply to adopt on a yearly basis, based on data for the prior three calendar years; and the number of children eligible for adoption and awaiting an adoptive placement referral via the agency or person.