What you need to know about home studies
New Beginnings International Children’s & Family Services (New Beginnings) is Hague accredited and licensed to provide international and domestic home study services throughout Mississippi. Our professional, friendly and trained workers are located throughout both states, which saves families the added expense of travel time. New Beginnings is able to provide home study services to families regardless of which agency you are working with as your primary agency. We work quickly and carefully to make the process as efficient as possible.
Definition of a Home Study
Home Study Process
- Complete and return the New Beginnings Application and application fee. You will then receive a home study packet email detailing preliminary documents to submit in order to complete your home study.
- e-Adopt set up – once you have returned your initial paperwork, your adoption portal account will be set up and a link will be provided to you. You will be able to access all of your home study paperwork.
- Your case will be assigned to a social worker, who will contact you to set up your first home study meeting. Remember, payment is due before your first visit. This fee should be sent directly to the Mississippi office.
- Continue to work on and submit all required background checks and required adoption documents.
- Complete the remaining home study visits with your worker.
- Once all of your visits and documents have been completed and submitted, the home study will be written and sent through the editing process.
- You then will review your home study. If you are working with another agency for placement, your placing agency will also review your home study.
- Submit post-placement/adoption fees.
- New Beginnings will finalize your home study.
We gladly provide the following services in a professional, kind and timely manner:
- International adoptive family home studies, updates, post-placement and post-adoption reports for Hague and non-Hague countries
- Domestic adoptive family home studies and updates, and post-placement reports